ARM and IBM Make It Easy to Experiment With the Internet of Things
To help developers get started experimenting with the IoT, IBM and ARM have introduced a starter kit consisting of a microcontroller and application shield that can be connected to the cloud for building and deploying apps for IoT devices
How IoT Empowers Dialogue on Cybersecurity, Privacy, and Identity and Access Management
It is a counterintuitive challenge to begin with. The whole point of the Internet is to make informationmore accessible, but the prevailing question in cybersecurity, privacy and identity and access management (IAM) is how to build an effective framework of complementary technologies and policies for restricting who can access what information when and in what ways.
Readings on Smart Cities: Internet of Things (IoT) and Smart Cities
The Internet of Things is a vital enabler of Smart Cities. To help us better understand this topic, the latest issue of Readings on Smart Cities looks at three articles from the IEEE Xplore digital library and related White Papers from the IEEE Smart Cities Initiative that examine IoT and its inherent characteristics fostering urban smartification.
- IEEE Talks IoT: Read Q&A interviews with IEEE experts
- IoT Webinars on Demand
- The IEEE IoT eNewsletter is looking for authors
- Selected Articles from IEEE Xplore
- EIT ICT Labs Blog by Roberto Saracco
- IEEE WF-IoT 2014 Conference Videos
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal (IoT-J) Call for Paper Opportunities
- The Institute Special Report: IoT