IoT Scenarios: How to Contribute
Anybody is welcome to view a scenario.
To submit your scenario, like, and/or comment on one, you must:
- Join the IEEE IoT Technical Community (it is free).
- If you are already a member, please Sign In here.
- Please complete the Submit a Scenario form and attach your work in PDF format.
- After submitting, your contribution will be reviewed by the IEEE IoT Initiative. You will be notified by email once your submission has been published on the IEEE IoT Web Portal, where it will be open for feedback and comment by other IEEE IoT Technical Community Members.
- If you have not already done so, please Sign In to the IEEE IoT Web Portal with your IEEE Web Account.
- Click on a particular Scenario of interest in the View Scenarios list.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and enter your comments in the Comments box. Click Submit Comment when you are finished. New comments will appear on the bottom of the page.
- Visibility to, and input from 10,000 members of IEEE IoT Technical Community
- Increased promotion and visibility of your scenario via IEEE social media
- A chance to be invited to participate in a conference or webinar held by IEEE
- Follow the number of “likes” your Scenario receives
IoT Scenarios Submission Guidelines
To really understand the Internet of Things (IoT) requires application, implementation, and execution in the real world. IEEE IoT recently launched a program to provide the IoT community an interactive platform on which to engage with use cases, service descriptions, business models, and reference implementations that will be key to developing a vibrant IoT industry. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to contribute to the IoT cause, as well as get excellent exposure for your projects and ideas.
Whether it is something IoT related that is planned, envisaged, or currently in the works, your input is invaluable and necessary to ensure we can derive a viable IoT architecture and define the key components that lead to successful implementations.
Towards that objective, we are providing you with the following recommended structure for submissions:
Description of Service or Use Case
- Brief summary
Area of Applicability
- Industry segment (e.g. telemedicine, smart city, entertainment, etc.)
- Mission/purpose of the scenario/service (description of what the scenario wants to achieve)
- Define actors and their roles
- In-depth service description with graphic(s)
- Possible Revenue streams
Requirements on the IoT architecture
- Basic infrastructure functions required (e.g. data collection from different sources, integration of different formats and data representations)
- Service level function
- Functions that are specifically stressed by the scenario and possibly scenario specific (to evaluate the needs of making them part of the generic architecture or other architectural means have to be provided)
- E.g. describing test case experiences, if any
We are open to receive contributions that shed a light on all the possibilities offered by the Internet of Things. We encourage you to share your projects, your implementations, or your software solution and explain why you deem them to be important to advancing the IoT.
Help us make the IoT the best it can be. We look forward to hearing from you soon!